When using Oracle as the environment database the DATPROF Runtime Agent requires the local availability of the Oracle SQL*Plus package.
If not installed on the system the SQL*Plus package can be downloaded from the Oracle website:
The installation requiers a valid Oracle account.
- Go to: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/features/instant-client/index-097480.html
- Select Download.
- Get your download by selcting the “Instant Client Package - SQL*Plus” for the platform you're using.
- Accept the license.
- Download these two packagges:
- Base package zip file.
- Sqlplus package zip file.
- Extract the zip files and copy all files to the same folder.
- Add the folder, containing sqlplus.exe , to the PATH of the user that starts the agent ( ).
- Open a command box as the user that starts the agent .
- Type sqlplus
- If SQL*plus is started and demands for a username it’s ok. If not make sure this works by adding it to your PATH.
- On Windows you can do this by opening the “Windows Explorer
- Open the properties of your computer.
- Go to “Change settings”
- Open the tab “Advanced”
- Click “Environment variables”.
- Change the System variable PATH and add the folder containing sqlplus.exe to the PATH.