All Logging is saved in the DATPROF Runtime Data folders.
The logging consists of two parts and is configurable.
- The logging of the runtime application: the Runtime Service
- The logging of the runtime agents.
Runtime Service Logging
The Runtime service logging is saved in the <RuntimeDataFolder>\logs
This folder contains
- runtime-service.log, the current log file
- runtime-service-<yyyy-mm-dd.<Sequence.>log : History log
- runtime-port.txt, contains current Runtime portnumber, It is used to stop the Runtime service
- runtime-pid.txt, contains current Runtime process id,It is used to stop the Runtime service
The number and size of the service logs are configurable by editing the file <RuntimeDataFolder>\conf\logback.xml
Agent Service Logging
The Runtime service logging is saved in the <RuntimeDataFolder>\agents\<AgentNr>\logs
Every agent has its own logfiles.
This folder contains:
- Runtime-agent.log, the current log file for this agent
- Runtime-agent-<yyyy-mm-dd>.<Sequence.>log : History log
The number and size of the agentlogs are configurable by editing the file <RuntimeDataFolder>\agents\<agentId>\conf\logback.xml
The logging system is highly configurable.
The system used is logback. check: https://logback.qos.ch/
Both Runtime service and Runtime agents use the same type of configuration file: logback.xml.
Below two important settings you can easily adjust.
This means: the logfiles grows to 50MB, then a new one is created. The maximum number of files is 5.
DATPROF Runtime as a Windows service
When running DATPROF Runtime as a Windows Service there are additional logfiles in the winsw (Windows Software Wrapper) folder.
- DatprofRuntimeService.out.log : All output normally written in the startup commandbox.
- DatprofRuntimeService.err.log: All error output.
- DatprofRuntimeService.wrapper.log: The logging of the Wrapper itself.