DATPROF Privacy requires:
- Microsoft Windows 7 or higher
- Microsoft Windows server 2012 or higher.
The user installing the software should have the permission to install software .
- CPU: x86 1GHZ or higher.
- Memory: at least 4GB RAM.
- Diskspace: at least 1GB.
DATPROF applies to the software lifecycle of the database vendors
|Oracle||Version 11.2 and above|
|Microsoft SQL Server|
Version 2008 (not for Runtime)
|DB2 LUW||10.5 and above|
|DB2 for i|
9.5 and above
*Check the Powershell module remarks
Permissions and Roles
If the Privacy User is the TABLE_OWNER
Minimum System Privileges
- CREATE SESSION
- CREATE TABLE
Minimum Object privileges
- EXECUTE permission on dbms_random package
- EXECUTE permission on dbms_metadata package
- Unlimited tablespace
If the Privacy User is not the same as the TABLE_OWNER these additional permissions are required:
- SELECT on the tables to mask
- REFERENCES on the tables to mask
- ALTER on the tables to mask
- CREATE ANY INDEX
- DROP ANY INDEX
- CREATE ANY TABLE
- INSERT ANY TABLE
When you have created your own procedure(s)/function(s), use sequences or reference views in your scripts, you should take care to grant the Privacy user the right permissions.
Microsoft Sql Server
The user masking the database should have dbo permissions in the database targeted for data masking.
Powershell module dependency
To retrieve DDL information from Microsoft SQL Server, Datprof Runtime uses a PowerShell module.
In time Microsoft has replaced the original "SQLPS" module by the "SqlServer" module.
As of version 4.0 the SqlServer module is delivered with Privacy and does not need to be installed manually.
For this, Microsoft PowerShell version 5 or higher is required.
- Open a Powershell window on your system "as administrator"
- Check the Powershell version: $psversiontable.Psversion
- If the major version is lower than 5 upgrade your Powershell by downloading/installing "Windows Management Framework" version 5.x.
When using Runtime on a Linux system, PowerShell must be installed and also the "SqlServer" module needs to be installed manually.
For installing powershell on a Linux system see the Microsoft documentation: https://docs.microsoft.com/nl-nl/powershell/scripting/install/installing-powershell-core-on-linux.
To install the required Sqlserver module execute this:
- Open a PowerShell window on your system, either as the user running Runtime or as root
- Install the module with the command: Install-Module -Name SqlServer
To use DATPROF Privacy for Linux, Unix, Windows (LUW) the following IBM software is required on the client PC: IBM DB2 Data server driver package.
After installation DATPROF Privacy will use the 32bit dll’s in the subfolders netf40 or netf40_32.
The user masking the database should have connect, dataaccess, createtab permissions in the database targeted for data masking.
You should have the IBM i Access for Windows 7.1 or IBM i Access Client Solutions installed. This software is available on the IBM site.
The user masking the database should have DBADM permissions in the database schema targeted for data masking.
PostgreSQL, MySQL and MariaDB
You should at least have select permissions on the tables to import.
To execute a scenario database owner permissions are required.